Musings of a Small Town Christian

David Hardesty is a Christian, a musician, a husband, an East Coaster who grew up in the West, a Southerner now living in the North. He's been on 5 continents, in all 50 States, and in plenty of places that blessed, scared or taught him something. Ambitions? To walk like Noah, play like Carlos, and drive like a Congo Cabbie. These are his thoughts...

Name:
Location: United States

Love God, my wife, the kids, my church, and Arizona Wildcats Basketball.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

For the Chief Baker

Here's something my Sunday School class came up with last Sunday. This month our church has been thinking about The Art of Worship , and we were discussing music and poetry.

The class assignment? Write some.
The reward? Cupcakes.
The result?


Our Father...
faithful like a cupcake

Always sweet to my taste
Brings a smile to my face
Beautiful to my eyes
I am hungry for You

You nourish my yearnings
Your mercy sweetens my life
Your grace provides substance
Your love is sprinkled on top

Amen.




(2006, Crane Creek Baptist Church of Boise, ID, no rights reserved. All parts of this psalm may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, electronic or mechanical, including recording, photocopy, translation, transliteration, transcription, transcontinental, transfat, transubstantial, transamerica, transylvania, transpiration, transfiguration, transfusion, translucence, transhumance, or any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the authors, as long as it's in good taste - like a cupcake)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home