Musings of a Small Town Christian

David Hardesty is a Christian, a musician, a husband, an East Coaster who grew up in the West, a Southerner now living in the North. He's been on 5 continents, in all 50 States, and in plenty of places that blessed, scared or taught him something. Ambitions? To walk like Noah, play like Carlos, and drive like a Congo Cabbie. These are his thoughts...

Name:
Location: United States

Love God, my wife, the kids, my church, and Arizona Wildcats Basketball.

Monday, February 20, 2006

I WON!

I WON THE LOTTERY SATURDAY NIGHT!!!
I WON!!! I WON!!! I WON!!!
THREEHUNDREDSIXTYFIVEMILLIONDOLLARS...
IN MY POCKET!!!!!

Honey, quit your job. Buy me new skis. Gooood skis. Rack 'em on top of the new 4 wheel drive Ferrari. While we're skiing in the Alps have someone buy us a new house, slightly larger - 40 rooms should do, each one with a view of the mountains or the river. Make sure even the bathrooms have picture windows. When we get back we'll finance a victory party, a political party, and the party of the first part. Then? New Zealand for a short course in sheep-shearing and kiwi hunting.

Don't forget to tithe ($365,000,000 divided by 10 is ... $36.5 million the church treasurer is going to LOVE this...or standard American accounting practices = $365,000...but we'll go with God's math) and pay the taxes ($240 million; isn't it ironic that the government thinks it deserves more of my money than God does?). What then?

Make a charitable donation or two
adopt an animal at the zoo
pay for research to stop the flu
buy some thousand dollar shoes
a new guitar to play the blues
fund dialogue between the arabs and jews
then hire a ringer from Wallamaloo
to help the Wildcats learn not to lose

There. That's a good start. And it leaves enough for a $199 season pass to schuss at Bogus Basin, as well as an apple pie at McDonalds (2 for a dollar).

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Wouldn't be a bad way to spend a week!

So Lord, when You get ready to bless me with $365,000,000...I'm ready to take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home