Musings of a Small Town Christian

David Hardesty is a Christian, a musician, a husband, an East Coaster who grew up in the West, a Southerner now living in the North. He's been on 5 continents, in all 50 States, and in plenty of places that blessed, scared or taught him something. Ambitions? To walk like Noah, play like Carlos, and drive like a Congo Cabbie. These are his thoughts...

Name:
Location: United States

Love God, my wife, the kids, my church, and Arizona Wildcats Basketball.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Spring Cleaning I

So, a few things going on in life (that would be MY life)... so it's time for housecleaning:

* Someone pointed out today that Brokeback Mountain struck out at the Oscars... which means Heath Ledger and Jake Gylenhall MADE OUT WITH EACH OTHER FOR NOTHING;

* Speaking of the Oscars, I heard none of the five movies nominated for Best Picture broke the top 75 in earnings last year. They were all (media-described as) serious, political, weighty, and "important", and nobody saw them. When George Clooney said he didn't mind being out of step with America, America was yawning back at him;

* My brother, sister-in-law , mother, and niece all got safely home from their various travels. Does that prove that prayer works? Nope. But it does mean they slept in their own beds last night;

* I've got an appointment to have my taxes done tomorrow. I've got a good CPA. But I think it would take just about the same amount of time to do them myself as it did to dig up all our receipts. The Missus said (as she headed to bed) "Why are you doing that NOW??" Well...because I didn't do it before!

* Much as I don't like paying taxes, I believe we should honestly pay what's required (and not a penny more). The Lord said, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and give to God what is God's." In other words, respect the government, obey their rules, pay your share, and remember Who's really in charge. Much as we worry and complain about the government, He wasn't that concerned: it has its place, and it's much less significant than the King and His Kingdom.

* I hope your day is full of significant things. Seek first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and everything else you need will be given to you along with them. Hey! That's a pretty good promise! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home