Musings of a Small Town Christian

David Hardesty is a Christian, a musician, a husband, an East Coaster who grew up in the West, a Southerner now living in the North. He's been on 5 continents, in all 50 States, and in plenty of places that blessed, scared or taught him something. Ambitions? To walk like Noah, play like Carlos, and drive like a Congo Cabbie. These are his thoughts...

Name:
Location: United States

Love God, my wife, the kids, my church, and Arizona Wildcats Basketball.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Been in Mexico

I've been in Mexico
with los hermanos y hermanas
a week's trip to Sinaloa
eating chiles and plantanas
Just to do a little preaching
and to sing a bunch of songs
with the hermanos y hermanas
chasing all their little ones.

I've spent some time in Mexico
took my guitar with me
to meet Pastor Daniel',
and Nathanael and Filip
I had my Bible in my hand
kept it open to San Juan
for the hermanos y hermanas
and for all their little ones

I heard the Word in Mexico
I listened to it clear
I spoke it out the same way
and it hung, then disappeared
into the tanned and dusky faces
and I saw the hearts respond
in the hermanos and hermanas
and all their little ones

I enjoyed my time in Mexico
both the darkness and the sun
Maria made me salsa
for when the praising time was done
She said, "Gracias hermano!
com' esta usted?"
I replied "I'm bendecito"
as I headed off to bed
after all the words and music
after all the preaching done
and the hermanos and hermanas
with all their little ones

Sorry I've been absent from the blogspot. My musings were suspended because I was part of some evangelistic meetings in the Hispanic community. The last night of the revival had an interesting sermon (interesting to me, anyway). "3 Reasons You Shouldn't Follow Jesus" is not the title you normally expect from a Christian evangelist, but you can find them in John 1:
Don't follow Jesus just because someone else tells you to;
Don't follow Jesus if you have something better to do;
Don't follow Jesus if you're better than He is.

BUT... if your heart knows you should, and there's really nothing better to do, and you know you're not better than He is... you ought to follow Him. Like a kid who resists taking a bath, on the other side of the experience you'll find yourself both cleaner and happier than you expected. Something to think about.

It's nice to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home