Musings of a Small Town Christian

David Hardesty is a Christian, a musician, a husband, an East Coaster who grew up in the West, a Southerner now living in the North. He's been on 5 continents, in all 50 States, and in plenty of places that blessed, scared or taught him something. Ambitions? To walk like Noah, play like Carlos, and drive like a Congo Cabbie. These are his thoughts...

Name:
Location: United States

Love God, my wife, the kids, my church, and Arizona Wildcats Basketball.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

459

459 seems like a pretty big number, I guess. That's how many songs are on my nano right now. I think I mentioned before that it was a gift, for which I was truly grateful (you all know who you are!). But now I have reason to be doubly grateful.

See, I filled it up. Well, not quite. I'm a little over 1.8 gigs, and it holds 2. Or, to put it another way, there's room for almost 40 more songs. But the problem is... I've got a lot more than 40 songs left to put on it. 50 more just from VOL's Summershine, Robert Randolph's Unclassified, Santana's Essential (after leaving off the really inferior 80s stuff), and Casting Crowns. Add to that some old stuff (Chuck Berry, girl groups, Drifters, and the incomparable Buddy Holly), classical (mmmmm Verdi), and maybe Pirates of Penzance or Les Mis, and you see my problem. 459 is just a number quickly receding. Like low tide. Or my hairline.

That's where the double blessing comes in. One day the Missus and I were talking and she was amazed that I'd filled it up (well, almost). She also started thinking Hey, I'd like one of those...but I don't have nearly as much music as my beloved Husband... but if I'm going to get one...why not get a bigger one and swap for his? That way we'd BOTH be set!" And lo, she made it so: she bought a 4 gig-er last weekend and swapped it for my 2 gig-er. What a wife!*

Of course, there were strings attached. I've got to load hers (my old one) with her music AND NO COMPLAINING ABOUT THE BEE GEES; I've also got to teach her how to update it. And I'm planning to buy her a cute pink sleeve for it, just to keep it new and pretty (shhhh don't tell her!)

So that's that. Double blessing, and double gratitude, to my friends and my wife. Now if I can just figure out how to keep his 'n' hers libraries, I'll be set. If you know how, clue me in and next time I see you I'll buy you coffee. Or let you listen to BB King's immortal Live at the Regal (but you've got to bring your own earbuds).


* or, to put it another way
aint no woman like the one I got
(oh no they don't come better)
to make her happy doesn't take a lot
(she don't ask for things, no diamond rings)
we go together like a hand and glove
(like pages from a letter)
ain't no woman like the one I love
(oooooooooh!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home