Musings of a Small Town Christian

David Hardesty is a Christian, a musician, a husband, an East Coaster who grew up in the West, a Southerner now living in the North. He's been on 5 continents, in all 50 States, and in plenty of places that blessed, scared or taught him something. Ambitions? To walk like Noah, play like Carlos, and drive like a Congo Cabbie. These are his thoughts...

Name:
Location: United States

Love God, my wife, the kids, my church, and Arizona Wildcats Basketball.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Coincidence?

I've noticed in the past two weeks that God is on the move. As I told someone today, "I don't know what He's doing, but I've known Him long enough to know He's doing something."

* 2 people have expressed interest in buying some property from our church. I was praying about what we should do with all our land, then they came looking for me.

* One of them offered to help with the Watoto Choir arrangements. This was someone I had only just met.

* On a related topic, my car wouldn't start yesterday (yes, I left the lights on; it's the time of year when we leave the house in the dark, but arrive at the office in the light, and can't tell) so I had to hang around the office an hour longer than I meant to...which meant right before I left (in fact, thanking the person who gave me a jump) I was there to receive a phone call from someone who wanted to help with the land transaction.

* I was reading this morning and praying on Mark 10:35-45 (the disciples asked Jesus who would be the greatest in the Kingdom, and He told them, "whoever would be great among you must the servant of all, and whoever would be first among you must be the slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and give His life as a ransom for many.") when a friend dropped by to talk about...leadership.

* The heater went out. Turns out someone I work with has a cousin who's a heater repairman. It'll be fixed tomorrow.

* I called an old friend, a ex-ministry partner in fact, for the first time in months... hung up on him, and 10 minutes later he walked into the place where (unbeknownst to him) I was.

There've been several other things, too. Someone told me, "It seems like things just sort of flow together in your life!" and I said, "Yep. Not always. But when God starts moving, and I'm in the place He wants me (which means being a lot more submissive and seeking than I usually am, I'm afraid) that's what happens -life flows.

When we get in line with the Lord, then He is able to give us the blessings He wants to. That includes leadership and direction more than material blessings. I know, I know, the blessings you want include a Porsche, a dream trip to Nepal, and a pony. But those things, in my experience, are pretty far down God's list of things you need. (Of course, if He WANTS to give me the Ferrari and the new Gibson 335, that would be OK, too.)

Psalm 25 talks about this blessing zone: "Who is the man that fears the LORD? He shall teach him the way He has chosen." That's the person to be, and the place to be. Pray for me, since my little feet do wander. And I hope you get to your own blessing zone soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home