Musings of a Small Town Christian

David Hardesty is a Christian, a musician, a husband, an East Coaster who grew up in the West, a Southerner now living in the North. He's been on 5 continents, in all 50 States, and in plenty of places that blessed, scared or taught him something. Ambitions? To walk like Noah, play like Carlos, and drive like a Congo Cabbie. These are his thoughts...

Name:
Location: United States

Love God, my wife, the kids, my church, and Arizona Wildcats Basketball.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Meeting

Today has been a hectic one. (Never thought of it before, but I'd like to be able to say that sentence in Spanish or Italian - come in, slump in front of the fire, and when my wife asks "How are you doing, dear?" I'd say "_____ ______ __________" sounding like Antonio Banderas or Julio Iglesias or Sophia Loren).

Our church is hosting a children's choir from Africa tomorrow night, and I've been rushing to cover all the details (would someone please send me a chicken?). These kids are great (you can check them out at http://www.watoto.com/) but I've had problems finding enough homes for them to stay in. Then there's the little problem of setting up tables and chairs, tearing them down, vacuuming, and setting them up again. However, a couple of friends have really come through for me (you know who you are) and by God's blessing it looks like everything is going to work out. If you're coming, you might want to get there early because it sounds like lots of people are inviting people.

The other thing that's going on is I'm leading an important meeting tonight. About 30 people will be there, and we're going to discuss some things fun, some things not so fun. I was asked to moderate last year (which just goes to show how few people there are out there who are willing to shout "Order! WE WILL HAVE ORDER!" like some demented Captain Ahab) and my prayer is that I'll be able to offer good leadership that honors God and gets the business done. If not, they can find someone else to run the next meeting (I wonder what Charleton Heston is doing these days?).

I'll tell you more about the choir tomorrow, and to you, my friends, I make this solemn vow: Tonight I shall bang me gavel with dignity and a properly stern expression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home