Musings of a Small Town Christian

David Hardesty is a Christian, a musician, a husband, an East Coaster who grew up in the West, a Southerner now living in the North. He's been on 5 continents, in all 50 States, and in plenty of places that blessed, scared or taught him something. Ambitions? To walk like Noah, play like Carlos, and drive like a Congo Cabbie. These are his thoughts...

Name:
Location: United States

Love God, my wife, the kids, my church, and Arizona Wildcats Basketball.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Housekeeping

Taking a little time to catch up on the odds and ends...

TOOTHY
- Saw the dentist yesterday and he likes my teeth. I have another loose filling, though, so I've got to go back next week.
- The girl who took my dental X-rays was cute, but if I have to have my picture taken, I'd rather it be done by (or with) my Missus (Hi Honey!) :-)
- I don't know why I just wrote that. Nothing but trouble comin' outta DAT :-(
- The flossing experiment is a week old and going well.

SNOWY
- The ski area where I'd like to spend more of my time is called Bogus Basin. They're reporting a foot of new snow in the last 24 hours. WOO-HOOOOO (even if I'm not there).
- The skis I bought at the thrift store in December worked great last weekend. So, for $20 and the price of a tune and wax, I've scored! Of course, I sold them to my brother for $55, but that's only fair.
- I wish I was going skiing tomorrow, but my Boss has a full day for me.
- Find out more about my haunts at www.bogusbasin.com

CHRISTMASY
- My Beloved has decided the craft store is one of her favorite places, so I put a gift card in her stocking. After she got off work I drove her over to dig through their goodies. She got some good stuff, too, but I can't tell you what because she's already making people presents for next Christmas.
- Our friend Eric gave us a gift card for Christmas to Louie's Restaurant. We went and ate lasagna, rigatoni, and pizza tonight, and it was gooood. Thanks, Doc!

FUNNY (Just for you, for reading this far)

A young boy and his Mom are on a flight. The seatbelt light is turned on because the flight is approaching turbulence. The boy refuses when his Mother tells him to fasten his seatbelt and pitches a fit when she tries to buckle it for him. The boy jumps from his seat into the isle. Then a Flight Attendant tries to get the boy to sit down and fasten his seatbelt and he still refuses.

An Air Force General in uniform is sitting a few isles back. He is a gaunt man, near retirement, his hair is very gray. After seeing all this slowly gets out of his seat and slowly walks up to the boy. He slowly bends down and speaks softly to the boy while pointing at his uniform jacket. The boy immediately jumps back into his seat, and fastens his seat belt. The General gives him a big smile and slowly begins walking back to his seat.

The Flight Attendant stops him and says... "Thank you so much for your help. What nice thing did you say to the boy to get him to get back in his seat and fasten his seat belt on his own???"

The General smiled and told her "I just showed him my wings, my General's stars, my campaign ribbons, and told him they gave me the right to throw one person off any flight I am on...."

:-D
(thanks to my friends at the GPAWF)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home