Musings of a Small Town Christian

David Hardesty is a Christian, a musician, a husband, an East Coaster who grew up in the West, a Southerner now living in the North. He's been on 5 continents, in all 50 States, and in plenty of places that blessed, scared or taught him something. Ambitions? To walk like Noah, play like Carlos, and drive like a Congo Cabbie. These are his thoughts...

Name:
Location: United States

Love God, my wife, the kids, my church, and Arizona Wildcats Basketball.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Last Year, This Year

OK, March Madness ends tonight. Missus Smalltown Christian is heaving a sigh of relief. Thanks, honey, for being so understanding of this particular peculiar addiction of mine.

Last year, the NCAA Championship Game featured the UCLA Bruins and the Florida Gators. I spent a lot of time figuring out who was going to win a very close game, but when it was actually played the Gators had very little trouble handling the Bruins. So much for research.

This year it's again the Gators, but their opponent will be the Buckeyes of THE Ohio State University (and how much self-affirmation do you need when you name yourself THE all in caps? I mean, be real OSU, if ANYONE else was into you as much as YOU are into you, then WE would have thought to capitalize the "the". But I digress...)

Anyway, after much less deliberation than last year, I'm picking the Gators to beat the Buckeyes tonight, just because I've seen nothing to make me think any team is better than Florida. That said, you can begin to berate me for my lack of basketball genius.

Oh, and GO WILDCATS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home